Ed Maher’s practice has been focused exclusively on litigation matters throughout his career. Attorney Maher has tried products liability, medical malpractice and other forms of more complex litigation to verdict. He has both defended and prosecuted such claims.
Attorney Maher is the Chairman of the Executive Committee for one of the first Superfund Sites prosecuted by the U.S. EPA following the enactment of CERCLA. He has tried a Superfund case to verdict and subsequently defended the judgment on appeal to the Seventh Circuit and the U.S. Supreme Court. Attorney Maher routinely prosecutes declaratory judgment actions against his clients’ insurers as an adjunct to his defense of Superfund claims.
Areas of Practice:
- Environmental Law
- Illinois, 1975
- Wisconsin, 1991
- Supreme Court of the United States, 2000
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit, 1981
- U.S. Federal Court, 1976
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law, Chicago, Illinois, 1975, J.D.
- University of Wisconsin B.A. 1972